Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Two!

Ok. I can't seem to update this regularly, but oh well. I'll get to it when I get to it.  : )

Sam just turned two. I can't believe it but he keeps telling me "I two!!" so it must be true. We had a Sesame Street themed party, heavy on the Elmo, for him and it was a lot of fun. Grilled some dogs and burgers, opened a mountain of presents, and butchered an Elmo head cake. All in all, a very good day.

A LOT sad that I didn't get a picture with the birthday boy though. Stupid camera battery died right after the party started...

Family was in town for the event. My parents and grandma and grandma-by-choice all helped us celebrate. Their effort in getting to us is greatly appreciated. Parents drove in from Houston and Grandmas came from Ohio. Safe and uneventful travels were had by all, thank goodness.

Highlights: Sam saying "mail! mail!" when we'd open up his birthday cards, stopping everything to pull his new wagon around the basement while we wait for him to return and finish opening his presents, frosting an Elmo face cake for two hours, and, of course, "Banoons!!!!"




Oh, and I should add that the day before the party was his actual birthday. So naturally there were two days of presents. Sam is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment