So my second Mother's Day was fantastic. Woke up around 7am because I could hear Sam talking in his crib. Only had to wait a few minutes and then Ryan heard him and got up to get him. I pretended to be asleep. Listened to Sam ask for Gibson and then me (second place again, I see how it is) and then they went downstairs. About 30 minutes later they're headed back up the stairs and Sam is screaming Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Next thing I know Ryan is holding a plate of pancakes in front of my face and Sam is trying desperately to climb up on the bed. It may not seem like it, but the whole situation just struck me as hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Then Ryan tells me that he would've brought me some orange juice but he had to hold Sam's hand up the steps. Ohhhhh, my boys. Love 'em.
Spent the afternoon at Ryan's parent's house. Good times. His brother and grandma were there as well so it was really nice to spend time with everyone. Played outside - GORGEOUS weather!!! - and then had a delicious dinner. YUM.
Oh, and my card from Sam had Capt. Jack from the Pirates of the Caribbean on it. (??) Which again made me laugh. So random. And there was a reference to what a treasure I am....esp. for all the times I had to wipe his poop deck. OMG. Shamefully ridiculous. Loved it. The best part is Sam's "signature" at the bottom done in crayon. Made me want to cry.
And it's really hard to see, but the little hear says A& R and then the tiny circle has an S on it. Perfect. Cards, and presents, and breakfast in bed - I was spoiled and loved every second of it. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment