Had an AMAZING vacation shortly after my last post. We spent a week in New Smyrna Beach, Florida and it was, hands-down, the best vacation. EVER. Beach in the morning with Sam jumping the waves and then lunch and then a nap for Sam. Adult pool time while Sam napped (with the baby monitor on loud and clear) in the afternoon. I don't know, it was low-key but just really really great.
Went to Game 5 of the MLB playoffs between the Cardinals and the Brewers in October. Brought home a win and had a great time. First baseball game I had been to in a VERY long time.
Fast forward to the holidays......Sam was a train conductor for Halloween and LOVED collecting and EATING his candy. Drove to Texas for Thanksgiving (8-9weeks pregnant at the time) and was not feeling great. At all. Then the last few days of our visit all of my nausea and morning sickness (and I mean ALL of it) disappeared and never came back. It was a Thanksgiving miracle and boy was I thankful. I was a sad sick puppy. Christmas at home - which was really really nice. I was sooooo excited about this Christmas because it was the first one that he kinda knew something exciting was going on and that presents would be involved. Needless to say, we weren't disappointed in his reaction Christmas morning. Priceless and so so sweet.
Working on working out once again and NOT giving in to all of my insane cravings and urges to eat. Don't get me wrong, I'm eating. And plenty. But I certainly don't need a snack 30 minutes after dinner. Or 2 more snacks after that, before bed. Exercise pretty much disappeared a few weeks before I got pregnant (lazy) and only reappeared about 2 weeks ago. Ummmm.....yeah. That's a long time to go without consistent exercise. I WAS running but I don't really feel super comfortable with that now, and especially since I had been away from it for so long. Walking and strength training are what I'm trying to focus on now. Obviously not weight loss, but trying to keep things a little bit more under control than during my pregnancy with Sam. (read 60lb weight gain....pregnancy induced hypertension....severe swelling....hello induction!) Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I'm trying to avoid this time around. So we'll see. I just NEED to get into a routine. Need, need, need.....
First OB visit - relatively pleased with weight at that point. Up a little, but still quite admirable considering what I weighed 2+ years ago after Sam was born. I managed to lose the 60lbs plus 5 more, so I was actually pleased with myself. I realize it took a long time, but still. Second visit - down three pounds. Not surprising due to extreme nausea and NO appetite. Which is INSANE for me. Third visit - essentially the same. No significant gain....maybe a half pound but I can't quite remember. 4th visit at 16 weeks - up 5 pounds. Yep. THERE it is. Although my lovely nurse informed me that it really is only a NET gain of about 2 pounds. What a darling, wonderful woman she is. I realize I'm pregnant and will gain weight and end up with a huge belly. Been there done that. But like I said before, just trying to keep it all in perspective and moderation this time around. Wish me luck. : )





No comments:
Post a Comment